Holistic Treatment and Support
Through the physiological effects that acupuncture has demonstrated to have on the body and the reproductive system, acupuncture can benefit fertility in the following areas:
• Improve ovarian health and functioning
• Produce healthier, better quality eggs
• Regulate hormones
• Regulate the menstrual cycle
• Recruit larger numbers of ovarian follicles
• Increase blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
• Increase ovarian response to gonadotropin hormones
• Prepare uterine lining for implantation
• Promote healthy tubal environment
• Relax the patient to induce parasympathetic nervous system dominance
• Increase success rates in ART cycles: IUI, IVF, FET
• Lessen side-effects of ART treatment
• Mitigate the downstream effects of IVF stimulation in the uterine environment to enhance implantation and ongoing pregnancy rates
• Decrease miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy rates
• Improve sperm count, motility and morphology in male factor infertility
The Americans Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine certification ensures that your reproductive acupuncturist has undergone advanced training in western and eastern reproductive medicine and treatment.
ADVANCED FERTILITY TRAINING
ABORM certification ensures extensive training in biomedicine, reproductive anatomy, physiology, pathology and differential diagnosis as well as ART procedures and medications, recurrent miscarriage and pregnancy.
EVIDENCE BASED TREATMENT
Our approach to patient care is informed by the latest research and best clinical practices. ABORM membership requires an ongoing recertification process, staying abreast of current research and developments in integrative fertility medicine.
COMPREHENSIVE INTEGRATIVE CARE
Having a wealth of knowledge in Chinese and Western fertility medicine, our acupuncturist can help coordinate care between these two disciplines. We strive to create collaborative interdisciplinary communication with your fertility team to help advance your goal of a successful pregnancy.